Answer the following questions and take the appropriate steps to keep your company, employees and property safe.
- Do you train employees in crime reduction procedures?
- Do all your employees know how your security equipment functions?
- Do you have an above ground safe?
- Is your safe bolted to the floor?
- Is your safe near the register and visible to customers?
- Are windows blocked by signs, displays or other materials?
- Is the cashier clearly visible from outside the business?
- Would the robber also be visible from outside?
- Are proper trespassing/loitering/parking signed posted?
Cash Handling Procedures
- Are there drawer limits for cashiers?
- Is a drop safe available?
- Is you change fund secured?
- Do you hide money?
- Do you perform random till checks or cash audits?
- Do you use an armored car service?
- Do you have a secure counting room?
- Does your counting room have adequate locks, a phone and a door peephole?
- Do you vary the times of your trips to the bank?
- Do you vary your route to the bank?
- Do you disguise your bank deposit bag?
- Do all exterior lights work properly?
- Do all interior lights work properly?
- Are lights turned off or on at appropriate times?
- Is there adequate lighting inside your business?
- Is there adequate lighting outside your business including the side and rear areas?
- Does your store use video surveillance equipment?
- Does your equipment have a date/time generator?
- Is there a video monitor placed where a potential robber can see it?
- Are your VCR and video tapes secured?
- Have you checked the position of your cameras?
- Do you regularly clean your camera lenses and VCR head?
- Is the resolution on your video system good?
- Do you have a panic alarm?
- Do you have a robbery alarm?
- Can all exterior doors be easily locked?
- Is the telephone readily accessible to the cashier?
- Do you report all crimes to police?
- Do you encourage police to visit your store?
- How many times have you been robbed in the last 12 months?